Just published (Jan 2017), the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health’ report: State of Child Health in the UK.
Key messages include:
- 1 in 5 children in UK living in poverty
- Infant mortality – UK ranks 15th out of 19 Western European countries
- Smoking in pregnancy – higher in UK than many European countries
- Breastfeeding – mothers in more affluent more likely to breastfeed than those in deprived areas
- Obesity – 1 in 5 children in first year of primary school are overweight/obese
- Smoking – more prevalent among teens in deprived areas.